Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Katharina Hahn <kh...@mi.fu-berlin.de> on 2005/07/18 17:03:44 UTC

problems generating documentation pages with docbook and site

Hi all,

I have a problem whose solutions seems to be quiet easy but still I
cannot figure out how to solve it.  Maybe someone can help me:

I would like to use docbook-files for project documentation and
integrate those docbook-files into the projects html-page generated by
the goal 'site'.

My approach on attaining this goal until now was to use the docbook-plugin:
Using the docbook-plugin to generate xdoc-files out of docbook-files,
the output directory of the xdoc-files is
${basedir}/target/generated-xdocs.  Copying and pasting the generated
xdoc-file (e.g. index.xml) to the ${basedir}/xdocs now enables to use
the goal 'site' to integrate the this documentation into the generated
project-webpage.

I tried to get rid of the step of copying the files manually by using
the property maven.gen.docs=${basedir}/xdocs to direct the generated
xdoc-files to the specified folder.  Using this, the transformation of
docbook into xdocs into the specified folder worked fine.  But then
running the goal 'site' overwrites the generated xdoc-file in folder
/xdocs and generates the documentation out of the properties.xml.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem (or maybe even knows a
smarter way how to use docbook files for the maven goal 'site')?

Thanks in advance,
Katharina