Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/05 06:35:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans HTML/Java API version 1.6.1

Dear members of Apache NetBeans community.

Please cast your vote about my attempt to release the Apache NetBeans HTML/
Java API version 1.6.1 library. The release is staged at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-html4j/netbeans-html4j-1.6.1/

e.g. it is in no longer in the incubator staging location, but at a top level
project place. ZIP file with sources, signed by an .asc file with all possible
checksums is there, ready for your review.

In addition to that the Maven artifacts built from the same changeset
[release-1.6.1](
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-html4j/tree/release-1.6.1)
are available in the following staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1025/

Please do some testing and cast your vote by Wednesday May 8, 2019. Thanks
for your review and votes.
-jt

PS: You can test the Maven bits by adding following snippet (with
appropriate XML closing tags) to your $HOME/.m2/settings.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <activation>
                <file>
                    <exists>.</exists>
                </file>
            </activation>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>html-java-api-1.6.1</id>
                    <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
orgapachenetbeans-1025/</url>
                </repository>
            </repositories>

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans HTML/Java API version 1.6.1

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
3x +1 binding:
- Anton Epple, PMC Member
- Eric Barboni, PMC member
- Geertjan Wielenga PMC Member

The vote had been successfully closed and as such I uploaded the bits to:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/netbeans/netbeans-html4j/netbeans-html4j-1.6.1/

The directory contains the ZIP sources, `.asc` signature, and `.sha256` and
`.sha512` checksum files.

I have also released the convenience binaries to Maven central.
-jt

PS: Thank you for making this first "top level" NetBeans release possible.
PPS: Can I also vote on my own proposals? Then it'd be 4x +1 binding next
time.
PPPS: I will create a PR and switch the NetBeans Platform to use this new,
1.6.1 release in next few days.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans HTML/Java API version 1.6.1

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: Release Apache NetBeans HTML/Java API version 1.6.1

Posted by Anton Epple <to...@eppleton.de>.
You also need to configure the repo as plugin repo:

    <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>html-java-api-1.6.1</id>
            <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1025/</url>
        </pluginRepository>
    </pluginRepositories>

--Toni

Am 05.05.19, 11:54 schrieb "Jaroslav Tulach" <ja...@gmail.com>:

    Dne neděle 5. května 2019 9:24:37 CEST, Geertjan Wielenga napsal(a):
    > If you could provide a small "hello world" type scenario

    Good idea[1]!

    > that we can all
    > try, that would help, I think.

    If you want to try it with NetBeans 11 then:

    - New Project/Java with Maven/Java Frontend Application and generate the
    project.
    - when the project is generated, go to `pom.xml` and change the version from

    ```xml
    <net.java.html.version>1.5.1</net.java.html.version>
    ```

    ```xml
    <net.java.html.version>1.6.1</net.java.html.version>
    ```

    you may also need to add the staging Maven repository:

    ```xml
    <repository>
      <id>html-java-api-1.6.1</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
    orgapachenetbeans-1025/</url>
    </repository>
    ```

    Thanks for requesting this and happy testing!
    -jt

    [1] Information how to get started is also in the main page of Javadoc:
    https://dukescript.com/javadoc/html+java/dev/

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
If you could provide a small "hello world" type scenario that we can all
try, that would help, I think.

Gj

Posted by Anton Epple <to...@eppleton.de>.
+1 with caveat:

There's a regression due to security improvements in 1.6.1. You can see it when creating a new project with "basic" archetype and demo code. There's a test (JSInteractionTests) which fails with 1.6.1. This is because the JS Code is executed in Nashorn, which is missing the "confirm" method used in this test. "confirm" is usually provided by Browsers and not part of ECMA-Script spec. The application will still build and run, if you disable the test.

I would suggest adding that to release notes, & updating the archetypes with "typeof confirm === 'undefined' ? true| confirm( ..." check to the respective method, or (better) leave the application code as is and update the test with a polyfill.

We should update archetypes anyway soon to point to 1.6.1.

--Toni