Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Stanislas Renan <ap...@renan.org> on 2004/01/16 22:14:35 UTC

french translation

Hi,

is there any current project to translate the apache 2.1 documentation
into french ?
I cannot find it through a google search, and there is no trace of such
a translation in the CVS repository.

regards,
--
Stanislas Renan
- Site perso <http://www.renan.org/> Home page

Re: french translation

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org> wrote:

> Stanislas Renan <ap...@renan.org> writes:
>
> > is there any current project to translate the apache 2.1 documentation
> > into french ?
> > I cannot find it through a google search, and there is no trace of such
> > a translation in the CVS repository.
>
> I don't think there're any ongoing activities on French
> translation.  new_feaures_2_0 and upgrading are translated
> to French in the repository but those are really old.  Those
> aren't even updated to XML.  The log of upgrading.html.fr
> says

AFAIK there *are*. Vincent Deffontaines (vincent at gryzor.com) started
some time ago, but he has problems with reviewers. Stanislas, I suggest you
start contacting him so you don't make the work twice.

nd

Re: french translation

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.
Stanislas Renan <ap...@renan.org> writes:

> is there any current project to translate the apache 2.1 documentation
> into french ?
> I cannot find it through a google search, and there is no trace of such
> a translation in the CVS repository.

I don't think there're any ongoing activities on French
translation.  new_feaures_2_0 and upgrading are translated
to French in the repository but those are really old.  Those
aren't even updated to XML.  The log of upgrading.html.fr
says

revision 1.1
date: 2001/02/18 15:50:35;  author: cholet;  state: Exp;
new French translation
PR:
Obtained from:
Submitted by:   Herve Dumont <hd...@club-internet.fr>
Reviewed by:    Eric Cholet <ch...@logilune.com>

So it's almost 3 years old.  Probably you need to start your
own project for translation.  At least you don't have to
worry too much about reviewers because Eric is a member of
docs project.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi