Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/02 22:17:13 UTC

Mailing archives and project logo

Hi,

I noticed that mailing list archives linked here:
http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/mail.html are not working yet (404).
Is it that they haven't been setup yet? (I would like to go through history
of email, as of now I found markmail.com helpful)

There seem to be running early discussion about project logo:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS/Possible+Logos
Are there any known requirements? Especially the final project name? Will it
be Lucene Connector Framework or Apache Lucene Connector Framework? It was
now always clear whether Apache word should be integrated in the logo (e.g.
Lucene and Mahout does not have it, Solr and Droids does).

Thanks,
Lukas

Re: Mailing archives and project logo

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Feb 2, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that mailing list archives linked here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/mail.html are not working yet (404).
> Is it that they haven't been setup yet? (I would like to go through history
> of email, as of now I found markmail.com helpful)

Website error, I'll upload a fix.

> There seem to be running early discussion about project logo:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS/Possible+Logos
> Are there any known requirements? Especially the final project name? Will it
> be Lucene Connector Framework or Apache Lucene Connector Framework? It was
> now always clear whether Apache word should be integrated in the logo (e.g.
> Lucene and Mahout does not have it, Solr and Droids does).

I suppose the name is officially Apache Lucene Conn. Framework, but Lucene Conn. Framework is fine too.  I'm also OK w/ LCF.

Re: Mailing archives and project logo

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Feb 2, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that mailing list archives linked here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/mail.html are not working yet (404).
> Is it that they haven't been setup yet? (I would like to go through history
> of email, as of now I found markmail.com helpful)

Should be fixed, but will take some time to propagate.  In the meantime, see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ for a list

-Grant