Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com> on 2009/02/05 10:39:55 UTC

Wicket Jiras, Wednesday 11 Feb, @ jWeekend

Let me know if you'd like to join us on Wednesday evening, at jWeekend's
office in London, for our inaugural session designed to go over selected
Wicket Jira issues (1.4 fixes to start with).

The idea is to dig into how things work with Al and I, understand the
problems, work out how things hang together (or should hang together) and
come up with working/tested solutions and patches we can submit to be
considered for inclusion in trunk.

We have plenty of desks, whiteboards and can even provide you with a laptop
for the evening if you don't want to carry your own around or use your "work
laptop".

It looks like we already have 5 or 6 people quite keen to join in from our
London Wicket Event last night, so I should be able to tell you exactly how
things will work once I know for sure who's coming. We'll most likely look
to run this as a regular thing, once every week or two.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend

PS To those of you who said you'd really like to get involved but may be on
"overnight support" on Wednesday - we have a 24Mbs connection and may even
be able to help you fix any issues that crop up in your production systems
while you're here ;-)

Re: London Wicket Event

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Reinout,

It was good to see you and Ronald there and to know that you enjoyed your
time with us - we have again had a lot of excellent feedback but it's always
good (and still a bit surprising) that so many people travel, for just one
night, to our events in London!

Anyway, closer to home, you may be interested in the ApacheCon Europe, 2009
[1] in Amsterdam, on March 23-27, where Martijn and co are organising good
looking talks/classes [2]. jWeekend will be one of the sponsors, but at the
moment, it is looking most unlikely that I will be there (I am working on
it).

[1] http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/
[2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+Community+meetups+-+Amsterdam

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.com jWeekend

London Wicket Event

Posted by Reinout van Schouwen <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cemal,

Re: Wicket Jiras, Wednesday 11 Feb, @ jWeekend

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Igor,

OK, I'll let Al put us on the right track with issue selection.
At tomorrow evening's session it looks like there'll be 6 crack developers
and me.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.