Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomas Rodriguez <ad...@yahoo.ca> on 2009/04/06 22:12:45 UTC

advantages using tomcat + mod_jk

Hi. for everyone
I wanna know what advantage can I have if I'll install tomcat with the
mod_jk for work with apache  http?.
It will be more easy to configurate the tomcat with the virtual directory ?,
because I wanna have in other directory my owner examples and until now I
can't doing that.
by this reason I asked this doubt.

thanks so much, for everyone in this list.
TOMAS

Re: advantages using tomcat + mod_jk

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: [Bulk] RE: advantages using tomcat + mod_jk

Posted by Tomas Rodriguez <ad...@yahoo.ca>.
yes I set the tomcat_home as c:\Tomcat6.0
 what is environment variable TOMCAT_HOME set to?
 what is environment variable CATALINA_HOME set to?
but which is the path for catalina_home,?
 isn't the same for tomcat_home?

Thanks
Tomas

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
what is environment variable TOMCAT_HOME set to?
what is environment variable CATALINA_HOME set to?

Martin

> From: admhardsoft@yahoo.ca
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: advantages using  tomcat + mod_jk
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:41:47 -0400
>

> thanks for the answer about advantages of tomcat + mod_jk, ok.
> I want to have  a different directory for my examples of java, or web pages,
> wherever, but I will don't like to have the default directory for my
> examples.
> for directory by default for all examples is c:\tomcat6.0\webapps\examples\
> My sample now is under  c:\tomcat6.0\webapps\examples\foo\pagejava.jsp y
> work very well, without any problem, but when I copy for other directory
> outside of c:\tomcat6.0, such as d:\websites\examplestomcat, my example
> dosen't work, the IE show me the code for the website and never the result,
> even though that I created the directory inside of examplestomcat
> WEB_INF
> WEB_INF\Classes
> WEB_INF\lib
>
> I have a huge problem with this, I need configurate my tomcat6.0.18 for
> windows for load all my example create for by myself  in
> d:\websites\examplestomcat
>

> however charles he sent me an email with the short explanation about it, but
> dosen't work. he told me that I need to create my own web.xml
> I following him according with his step, he told me this.
> 1) no changes are needed to server.xml
>
> 2) create the file C:\tomcat6.0\conf\Catalina\localhost\tomas.xml
>
> 3) the contents of the above file are just:
> <Context docBase="D:/examplestomcat" />
>
> 4) under D:\examplestomcat, you should have:
> WEB-INF\web.xml - contains your servlet mappings
> WEB-INF\lib - contains jar files (if any) for your webapp
> WEB-INF\classes - contains individual class files (if any) for your webapp
> index.html - the home page of your webapp.
>
> You would access the above via the URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/tomas, assuming
> your browser is on the same machine that Tomcat is running on and you're
> using the default server.xml.
>
> BUT my big doubt is.
> What paremeters I'll need write inside of my new file web.xml, this is my
> big problem.
>
> somebody can explain me with more details, somebody made the same like me?.
>
> I hope to find  a help between this person.
>
> thanks so much
> TOMAS

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

RE: advantages using tomcat + mod_jk

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Tomas Rodriguez [mailto:admhardsoft@yahoo.ca]
> Subject: Re: advantages using tomcat + mod_jk
>
> I want to have  a different directory for my examples of
> java, or web pages, wherever, but I will don't like to
> have the default directory for my examples.

You've hijacked your own thread ... a rare occurrence.

Please repost your question using an appropriate subject line; don't just reply to this message, start a new thread.

 - Chuck

Re: advantages using tomcat + mod_jk

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.