Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Lugalla <Fr...@amdocs.com> on 2013/12/27 20:51:26 UTC

Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to http://localhost:8080/

Hi  All,
                 I have a very simple question but seems I cant find this option....tried to google several  times,!Can someone please  tell me how to  Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to  http://localhost:8080/?
Thank   you
~Frank

RE: Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to http://localhost:8080/

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Frank

Context Path / is mapped to 'ROOT'

create ROOT.WAR
uncompress ROOT.WAR to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT
then the first and only webapp you see when you go to

http://localhost:8080

will be  root.war

http://www.coderanch.com/t/424290/Tomcat/deploy-Root-Tomcat-Website

Buona Fortuna!
Martin --

Per favore non modificare o interrompere questa trasmissione

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to http://localhost:8080/

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Frank Lugalla [mailto:Frank.Lugalla@amdocs.com]
> Subject: RE: Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to http://localhost:8080/

> I am using  Tomcat 7 integrated  with   Eclipse  Kepler  Release 1  with
> JVM=1.7_u45.All run on  window platform.What   I want  is to start my
> Tomcat  server in server view(this is the mode in eclipse).

You definitely need someone familiar with Eclipse, which I'm not.  You might try searching in the Tomcat mailing list archives, or those for Eclipse.  Since we're between winter solstice and New Year's, it may be a while before you get a useful response here.

 - Chuck

Re: Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to http://localhost:8080/

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2013/12/28 Frank Lugalla <Fr...@amdocs.com>:
> Hi  Chuck,
>    Thank you  for having  a chance to  respond back....regarding the version ,I am using  Tomcat 7 integrated  with   Eclipse  Kepler  Release 1  with JVM=1.7_u45.All run on  window platform.What   I want  is to start my  Tomcat  server in server view(this is the mode in eclipse).Hope  this  explain somehow

1. Read the rules.
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
-> point "6."

2. Your original quote "Start the Tomcat server in the server view",
where did it come from?

"view" is a panel, an area in Eclipse IDE GUI.
The "Server" view is a panel that contains a list of servers (Tomcat
instances) that you have configured. Have you configured one?

You should click on the server instance (a row in the view) and press
that green arrow button in that little toolbar of the view (as opposed
to the main toolbar of the ide). Or you can use the context menu
(available if you right-click on the server instance).

Launch a web browser and enter "http://localhost:8080/" into the address bar.

RE: Start the Tomcat server in the server view and go to http://localhost:8080/

Posted by Frank Lugalla <Fr...@amdocs.com>.
Hi  Chuck,