Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by li...@cgi-net.ch on 2010/08/19 17:57:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy to tomcat application server

Hi List,

I'm running mod_jk on a apache 2.2.14 connecting to a second host, running
tomcat 5 server with a third party application.
This application is configured to display some company internal
information when accessing the page directly without any subdirectory:
like: http://<servername>/
A second application part is located under address
http://<servername>/application -> please note, this is not a directory,
this is a servlet-mapping made by tomcat (and we can't change the tomcat
setup as we would loose support for it)

My problem is now, that I only what to grant access to
http://<servername>/application for external customers through the apache
mod_jk setup.
But of some reason do I have trouble implementing this.

The stuff only works if I configure mod_jk to JkMount /* - but with that,
also the page ttp://<servername>/ is access-able.
I've also tried it with Rewrite rules, etc. but nothing was/is working.

I therefore would kindly appreciate if someone could give me a hint on
that.
If you have questions or if you require additional information, feel free
to ask for them.

Thanks and all the best,
Simon

Re: [users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy to tomcat application server

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 19.08.2010 17:57, linux@cgi-net.ch wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm running mod_jk on a apache 2.2.14 connecting to a second host, running
> tomcat 5 server with a third party application.
> This application is configured to display some company internal
> information when accessing the page directly without any subdirectory:
> like: http://<servername>/
> A second application part is located under address
> http://<servername>/application ->  please note, this is not a directory,
> this is a servlet-mapping made by tomcat (and we can't change the tomcat
> setup as we would loose support for it)
>
> My problem is now, that I only what to grant access to
> http://<servername>/application for external customers through the apache
> mod_jk setup.
> But of some reason do I have trouble implementing this.
>
> The stuff only works if I configure mod_jk to JkMount /* - but with that,
> also the page ttp://<servername>/ is access-able.
> I've also tried it with Rewrite rules, etc. but nothing was/is working.
>
> I therefore would kindly appreciate if someone could give me a hint on
> that.
> If you have questions or if you require additional information, feel free
> to ask for them.

The right list to discuss mod_jk is the Tomcat users mailing list.

To subscribe, send mail to

    users-subscribe@tomcat.apache.org

To jumpstart the discussion there, please provide in the post your
mod_jk version number, your configuration and possibly the contents of
the mod_jk log file with JkLogLevel debug when using "JkMount
/application|/* ..." which apparently didnt work for you.

Regards,

Rainer