Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thyagarajan Krishnan <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/21 09:14:23 UTC

Migration from PVCS Dimensions to Subversion

Hello Experts,

I would like to know how/what is the best method of migrating from PVCS
Dimensions to Subversion with complete history??

has anyone tried this? Is there any scripts/tool to support this process?

Rgds
Thyag

Re: Migration from PVCS Dimensions to Subversion

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/21/05, Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos <pa...@shfj.cea.fr> wrote:

> There's a chapter on migration in this book but I don't reemember
> whether it covers PVCS or not:
> http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=360

Unfortunately, it does not, as the author (uh, me...) doesn't know
anything at all about PVCS.  The migration chapter does cover most of
the concepts you need to know to write a conversion program, using
p42svn (a perforce to subversion converter) as an example, so assuming
you know enough about PVCS you could probably use it as a starting
point in creating your own conversion program.  If you do so, please
see if you can post the results here, so that others can benefit from
it.

-garrett

Re: Migration from PVCS Dimensions to Subversion

Posted by Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos <pa...@shfj.cea.fr>.
Hi,

> I would like to know how/what is the best method of migrating from PVCS
> Dimensions to Subversion with complete history??
>
> has anyone tried this?  Is there any scripts/tool to support this process?

I haven't tried myself... but see for example:
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0025359/pvcs2svn.pl
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-06/0791.shtml

There's a chapter on migration in this book but I don't reemember
whether it covers PVCS or not:
http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=360

Dimitri Papadopoulos