Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by la...@new-era-of-networks.com on 2002/11/22 16:12:03 UTC

[juddi-Users] Axis & Namespaces

This may not be a relevant question for the juddi-users list but I thought
someone may have run into this during testing.

I have created a uddi4j.BusinessEntity and submitted to JUDDI over the
uddi4j.UDDIProxy.save_business(). When the response comes back ( i.e. frag
= <name xml:lang="en" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"> )
it appears that something within the JUDDI service has added a URI for the
xml namespace. As far as I can tell it's the Axis libs that are adding the
URI.

1) What is adding the URI?
2) Has anyone run into a crimson parser error:  (org.xml.sax.SAXException:
Error: URI=null Line=1: Illegal Namespace prefix: "xml".) when the above
fragment is returned to the uddi4j client?

Thanks for any help,

Lance Waterman
Sybase - eBD

RE: [juddi-Users] Axis & Namespaces

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.
Lance,

I believe I've had similar to that error (your 2) but with older XERCES
implementations. I think older XML parse implementation assumed that "xml"
was a prefix it ought know about and if it didn't that was an error. I think
such namespaces came into use after the parser was implemented.

I didn't know that AXIS even worked with CRIMSON, I've had so many problems
with that I've always used XERCES (and like I said, I've had some problems
unless I got a sufficiently recent one of those.)

regards

Adam