Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Mu Kong <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/04 05:26:33 UTC

Question: The limit on the kylin web UI, what does it limit?

Hi all,

I was running a group by query with subquery. Something like the follows:

SELECT
  SUM(col3) AS col4,
  SUM(col5) AS total_col5,
  col1
FROM
(
  SELECT
    col1,
    col2,
    MAX(col3) AS col3,
    COUNT(*) AS col5
  FROM db.table
  WHERE col6 = 'somestring'
  GROUP BY col1, col2
)
GROUP BY col1

When I specify the limit as 50, the result has 19 records, and when I
specify the limit as 500000, there are 90+ records in the result and each
record has higher col4 and total_col5.

Based on this phenomenon, does it mean the limit in the UI doesn't limit
the number of the record of the query result, but the number of records
that are queried against?

Best regards,
Mu