Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Yasser Zamani <ya...@live.com> on 2017/05/24 09:10:57 UTC

[LANG] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Hi there,

I recently had an accepted merged contribution at [1] which I prefer to
remove it to Apache Commons Lang as it is common between developers.

What do you think? thank you!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

Re: [LANG][PROXY] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Posted by Amey Jadiye <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yasser,

Yes its on very low activity and last stable release was in 2008 but it's
not dead as serviving in Commons proper and btw proxy2 is on the way not
sure about release.

Reviewed your code [1], seems very minimal implementation around spring aop
and bit inclined towards cglib as well , I think this can be accommodated
in core package for now if proxy developers[2] and PMC thinks different sub
modules its possible  to create one for spring but ATM creating whole new
module seems difficult for maintenance to me.

Gary, Benedikt can put more insights here.

Regards,
Amey

https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-proxy/team-list.html