Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2002/02/27 16:06:11 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Options]

As Cyril pointed out, this went to the wrong list.

Peter

Jeremias,

Pardon my ignorance, but could you sketch out the nature of the problem
for me?

I ask in particular because the current situation is dirty.  There is a
lot of talk going on about the plumbing, which is generally over my
head, but, in the short term I would like to see the Options
rationalized in the following way:

recognise that Options is currently completely static - aim to make it a
non-instantiable class.
remove the CommandLineOptions class (use String[] where necessary, and
integrate the parsing functions into the now static Options class.)
provide an Options.configure static method in a number of guises to
cover the current use cases.

Of course, you couldn't actually make Options non-instatiable, and you
couldn't actually remove CommandLineOptions, but you could pretend, and
provide an alternative to instantiating Options and CommandLineOptions
objects.

I have mentioned in a previous post the setting of user config file in
the system config.

Thanks
Peter