Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexandros Kotsiras <ko...@mediaondemand.com> on 2000/07/11 15:57:10 UTC

Help : Running Tomcat on a different computer from Apache

I would like to know where do i place the JSP files when Tomcat runs on a
different machine.

Hello let's assume that i run Apacje on Aoache_HOST  and tomcat on
Tomcat_HOST
    I have a conext called "nyapp" so i have the following entry in
tomcat-conf :
    Alias /nyapp  /usr/local/tomcat-3.1/webapps/nyapp

   <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat-3.1/webapps/nyapp">
       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
   </Directory>

     ApJServMount /nyapp/servlet ajpv12://TOMCAT_HOST:8009/nyapp

   <Location /nyapp/WEB-INF/ >
      AllowOverride None
      deny from all
  </Location>

   ApJServAction  .jsp  /nyapp/servlet/jsp-servlet

   I couldn't find a way to invoke JSP files.
   In the beginning i placed the JSP in Tomcat_HOST inside the
webapps/nyapp/jsp directory as i always do when Apache and Tomcat run on the
same machine.
   But in the Apache access.log file i got  :
      127.0.0.1 - - [10/Jul/2000:14:20:49 -0400] "GET /nyapp/jsp/snoop.jsp
HTTP/1.1" 404
   which means that Apache was looking in it's own machine for the JSP
files.

So i created a folder in the Apache Computer  "nyapp/jsp/" under the Apache
documetRoot and placed my JSP files there.

  The above worked for me BUT i had to comment the first  "Alias: and
"<directory>" directives and make them  :

   #Alias /nyapp  /usr/local/tomcat-3.1/webapps/nyapp

   #<Directory "/usr/local/tomcat-3.1/webapps/nyapp">
       #Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
   #</Directory>

  Is there a way to place the JSP files on the Tomcat_HOST ? I suspect that
i am missing something...

  Thanks, Alex.

±˜˜˜°