Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Hu, Yiguang" <Yi...@stercomm.com> on 2006/05/12 20:30:45 UTC

navigation menu control

Have a question regarding the side navigation menu control.

Suppose the side navigation menu has the following entry:

Folder1

  Page1.psml

  Page2.psml

Folder2

  Page21.psml

  Page22.psml

Public

  Pagex1.psml

  Pagex2.psml

I'd like to have Folder2 not show its sub-entries if I open page1.psml
from Folder1, similarly, If I open page22.psml, I want Folder1 not show
sub-menus.

Is there a way to do this in jetspeed2 and how? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Yiguang

Re: navigation menu control

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Randy Watler z 2006-05-14 05:11 brzmiala:

> Jacek,
>
> I am not sure how you are generating your navigation menus. However,
> there is Menu,isSelected() and MenuOption.isSelected() flags in menu
> definitions that allows the same decisions to be made while rendering
> nested menus w/o path comparisons.
Yes, that's what I use.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: navigation menu control

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Jacek,

I am not sure how you are generating your navigation menus. However,
there is Menu,isSelected() and MenuOption.isSelected() flags in menu
definitions that allows the same decisions to be made while rendering
nested menus w/o path comparisons.

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-api/apidocs/org/apache/jetspeed/portalsite/package-summary.html

Randy

Re: navigation menu control

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Hu, Yiguang z 2006-05-12 20:30 brzmiala: