Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Gerrit Wassink <ge...@qfactors.nl> on 2013/11/20 11:28:01 UTC

Problem running wicket in eclipse working with tomcat

Hello members,
My name is Gerrit Wassink and i am junior java developer.I am trying to setup a development environment in Eclipse Juno and want to use Wicket in it.Until now i did not succeed in getting a working structure which can work with Tomcat.I want to run and debug in Eclipse with the embedded Tomcat server.What is the best approach to have a working environment.
I did some (re)search before in this mailinglist and found similar problem(s), but the right solution is not clear to me.
I hope you can give me a workaround and thank you in advance.
below you find exact the things i also tried
======================================
Get started with Wicket (again) and banging my head on Eclipse and Tomcat. What is a typical way to setup a project (in Eclipse) so that it is easy totest and develop (locally) in Tomcat?
Here is what I've been trying.  Install Eclipse with Tomcat integration. Works fine.  I can build an Eclipse Dynamic Web App.  Can write servletsand JSPs, and debugging and developing is easy via Eclipse's Run As Servercommand.
Ideally, I'd like to manually setup an Eclipse project to work with Wicket. But, I don't know how to get the project structure right and have the classand HTML files copied into the resultant WAR.  So, I use Maven to create anew web app:
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-webapp-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp
and then generate Eclipse project files
mvn eclipse:eclipse
Then I import the project into Eclipse.  Problem is that the projectappears to be a Java project and not a webapp.  There is no Run As Servercommand.
Greetings Gerrit

Re: Problem running wicket in eclipse working with tomcat

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Sure.
Just download wicket-util,jar, wicket-request.jar and wicket-core.jar
manually and put them in the classpath (in WEB-INF/lib/ folder)

Posted by Gerrit Wassink <ge...@qfactors.nl>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerrit,

for now just try something like:

			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.9</version>
				<configuration>
					<downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
					<wtpversion>2.0</wtpversion>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>

in your pom.xml
This generates the right nature into the the .project file.

Though currently eclipse claims some problems in the jetty-*.xml files.

Shouldn't harm the Tomcat case.

I'll look into that.

Martin

Posted by Gerrit Wassink <ge...@qfactors.nl>.