Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/15 04:40:12 UTC

[lang] Dumb code?

StandardToStringStyle seems to have nothing in but super calls to
ToStringStyle. I'm thinking.... why?

Looks like it just needs to exist and have the serialID and maybe the
constructor. The rest of it is just noise.

Any +1s to deleting all that code, or am I missing something?

Hen

Re: [lang] Dumb code?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15/03/2009, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> StandardToStringStyle seems to have nothing in but super calls to
>  ToStringStyle. I'm thinking.... why?
>
>  Looks like it just needs to exist and have the serialID and maybe the
>  constructor. The rest of it is just noise.
>
>  Any +1s to deleting all that code, or am I missing something?

Or delete it entirely - AFAICS it's the same as the nested class
DefaultStringStyle, and it's confusing to have two different ways of
using the classes.