Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Amir Nashat <an...@CJ.COM> on 2002/09/03 19:25:29 UTC

Timer Question

Hello all,

I asked this on Friday but I have had no response so I will ask again. Can anyone explain the difference between the timer options? The documentation is pretty sparse. Any examples of which to use in what situation would be helpful. I have researched the faq, help and gone through google but not much has been explained. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
amir

Re: Timer Question

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Constant timer creates a delay between each sample that is the same for all
samples.

Gaussian random creates a delay that will average X milliseconds, but in such a
way as to create a bell-shaped distribution around that average.  The average is
the sum of the offset (minimum delay) and the deviation (the range of values).

Uniform random timer creates a uniform distribution around the average.

-Mike

On 3 Sep 2002 at 10:25, Amir Nashat wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I asked this on Friday but I have had no response so I will ask again. Can anyone explain the difference between the timer options? The documentation is pretty sparse. Any examples of which to use in what situation would be helpful. I have researched the faq, help and gone through google but
not much has been explained. Any help would be appreciated.

> TIA
> amir

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org