Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by S Uma <su...@india.hp.com> on 2001/03/08 12:32:56 UTC

DTD Parser - Is there one that gives a DOM

Hello,

I am in need of a  DTD Parser which , given a DTD file will return a DOM
compliant object. I need the implementation to be in Java. I looked at
Wutka's (www.wutka.com) parser and it claims that it produces a DOM like
model.
Wutka does not have any formal support process so I am concerned.

Is there a DTD Parser which is standardized ? or popular in xml world?
I am a fresher to this world.

Thanks,
Uma

Re: DTD Parser - Is there one that gives a DOM

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
S Uma wrote:
> Yes Andy, you are right. I want a dtd parser **not** an xml parser.
>
> Do you have one in mind?

No.

But this is definitely on the feature list for Xerces2. We plan
on being better able to support features like this in the new
codebase. It's just not reasonable to add it into Xerces 1.x,
though.

Re: DTD Parser - Is there one that gives a DOM

Posted by René Jensen <lu...@tbkol.dk>.
Citat S Uma <su...@india.hp.com>:

> Yes Andy, you are right. I want a dtd parser **not** an xml parser.
>
> Do you have one in mind?
>
> Thanks,
> Uma

If you look at http://www.wutka.com/dtdparser.html they have a parser that does
what you want. Or at least they say so...

I found this link at www.xmlsoftware.com

       _\|/_
       (@ @)
---oOOo-(_)-oOOo---
    René Jensen
 lundeman@tbkol.dk

Re: DTD Parser - Is there one that gives a DOM

Posted by S Uma <su...@india.hp.com>.

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ragunath Marudhachalam <rm...@circuitvision.com>.
hi uma,