Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/07 13:48:26 UTC

Kylin Query comes blank

Hi,

I have a kylin cube setup with few dimensions and I am trying to query the
associated columns to it but I couldn't see any particular data coming up.

Has anyone been through the kylin making queries and getting records
properly.

Thanks!

Re: Kylin Query comes blank

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys!

Re: Kylin Query comes blank

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.

Re: Kylin Query comes blank

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Select * without any group by is expected to yield strange result... cause
Kylin only retains aggregated data, so every query is expected to having a
group by at least.

However we did hack a little to try return something on select * with no
group by, because so many will attempt this query right after cube build...

I'll check and see if the hack still works.

Re: Kylin Query comes blank

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kylin Query comes blank

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.