Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Piotr Kołaczkowski <pk...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/29 18:40:35 UTC

Slighly changing the default skin

Hi,

I'd like to slightly modify the Terra look and feel. I don't want to create
a new skin from scratch. I'd like to perform just minor changes - e.g.
override some code for drawing buttons or frame titles, to make them more
"round" etc.
What is the preferred way to achieve this?

Regards,
Piotr

Re: Slighly changing the default skin

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

@Piotr,
as you can see here (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIVOT+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.1%22+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
) in open tickets for the 2.1 release we have already some skin
improvements ... if you have others please tell to us.

Note that in some cases in the skin we have private variables instead
of protected (some, based on real-world use cases, has already been
converted to protected in 2.0.1) ... tell us is there are some
constraint to relax, maybe starting from 2.0.2, but for small
compatible changes, otherwise we have to wait for 2.1.

Sandro

Re: Slighly changing the default skin

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Create your own theme class which subclasses TerraTheme.
Then create your own Skin classes which subclass the relevant TerraSkin
classes and override the necessary behaviour.
Then in your Theme class, put() your new Skin classes into componentSkinMap.

Regards, Noel Grandin