Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com> on 2008/05/23 19:52:31 UTC

Using AOP in CXF service impl

I tried using Spring's AOP support classes to implement service
authorization
code in my CXF service, for the reason of not cluttering up my service
code
with security code (and maybe will also add auditing/tracing).  This
seems to be
to classic use-case for AOP.

Unfortunately, the AOP implementation appears to use dynamic proxy
techniques (instance of java.lang.reflect.Proxy) but
it also appears that CXF uses dynamic proxies for the service
implementation,
because if I break in the ServiceCallPointcut code, the targetClass
appears
to *also* be an instance of java.lang.reflect.Proxy, so maybe there's an
issue using Spring AOP on dynamic proxies.

Has anyone tried using AOP techniques in CXF service code?

Thanks for any suggestions.

  -Chris

[...]
import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceContext;
import javax.xml.ws.handler.MessageContext;
org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactory;
import org.springframework.aop.MethodBeforeAdvice;
import org.springframework.aop.support.StaticMethodMatcherPointcut;

  static class ServiceCallPointcut extends StaticMethodMatcherPointcut {
      public boolean matches(Method m, Class targetClass) {
          return (targetClass == this.getClass() &&
m.getName().matches("(add.*)|(delete.*)|(fetch.*)|(login.*)"));
      }
  }

static class AuthenticationChecker implements MethodBeforeAdvice {
      public void before(Method m, Object[] args, Object target) throws
Throwable {
          System.out.println("*** Calling " + m.getName());
          // transport-portable MessageContext
          MessageContext ctx =
((SecAdminImpl)target).context.getMessageContext();
          // transport-specific request/response, cxf-specific property
names
          HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
ctx.get(MessageContext.SERVLET_REQUEST);
          HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse)
ctx.get(MessageContext.SERVLET_RESPONSE);
          Cookie[] cookies = request.getCookies();
      }
  }

MyServiceImpl svc = new MyServiceImpl();

ProxyFactory factory = new ProxyFactory(svc);
factory.addAdvisor(new DefaultPointcutAdvisor(new ServiceCallPointcut(),
new AuthenticationChecker()));

RE: Using AOP in CXF service impl

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 6, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Wolf, Chris (IT) wrote:

> Dan,
>
> You mentioned that CXF interceptors have a performance advantage over
> JAX-WS interceptors, such as SOAPHandler implementations because
> CXF interceptors don't read in the whole message into DOM.
>
> However, I notice that in the code for SAAJInInterceptor that, in
> fact,
> this CXF interceptor does just that - builds a DOM of the whole
> message
> body:
>
> line-109:
> 		XMLStreamReader xmlReader =
> message.getContent(XMLStreamReader.class);
>            StaxUtils.readDocElements(soapMessage.getSOAPBody(),
> xmlReader, true);
>            DOMSource bodySource = new
> DOMSource(soapMessage.getSOAPPart().getEnvelope().getBody());
>            xmlReader = StaxUtils.createXMLStreamReader(bodySource);
>
> Is it just that this particular implementation happens to do it that
> way?

That particular implementation happens to do it that way.   Basically,
the WSS4J library that we use to do the ws-security processing
requires the DOM.  There are "talks" about making it more Stax based,
but that work hasn't started at all.   Thus, for ws-security, we do
need to do the SAAJ thing.   However, if you aren't doing ws-security,
normally the SAAJInInterceptor isn't on the chain so that doesn't
occur.   We stream directly to/from the Stax streams to/from the JAXB
objects for the Body parts.   The SOAP headers are slightly
different.   We read the soap headers into DOM elements in the
ReadHeadersInterceptor and store them in a list in the message.
Thus, any interceptor after that interceptor can get the headers and
process them without having the body parsed at all.   Thus, if you
just need some SOAP headers, it's more performant to use the
interceptors.   Things like the ws-addressing and ws-rm are
implemented that way.

Dan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
Ian,

Thanks for the "advice" ;)  Your suggestion helped me fix the problem,
in fact, I don't even need to bother with targetClass since the
ServiceCallPointcut is associated with only that class (actually,
object instance) via the ProxyFactory.addAdvisor call.

Posted by Ian Roberts <i....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>.