Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Haro <jh...@agency.com> on 2003/08/05 16:31:32 UTC

JSLT - twin libraries- Only do EL in the core_rt? Tomcat 5.0.5

Hi -

Anyone know why in order to use JSP 2.0 Expression Language (e.g.
${param.txtName} ) inside of tags I have to use the core_rt, sql_rt, fmt_rt,
and xml_rt tag libraries instead of just core, sql, etc?

My understanding is that the _rt libraries are for JSP 1.2 style expressions
and that the normal libraries are for use with the new EL.

When using the http://java.sun.com/jstl/core library instead of the _rt
library I get the following error

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /zero2.jsp(34,0) According to TLD or
attribute directive in tag file, attribute test does not accept any
expressions

When I use the _rt library it works just fine.  So not a big deal, just
don't think it is supposed to work that way.

Thanks for your thoughts,

JOHN
HARO