Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ujjwala Thakar <uj...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/08 18:26:04 UTC

Problem with encodeRedirectURL

Hello,

I refered this URL
http://archive.covalent.net/jakarta/tomcat-user/2001/08/0111.xml

Did you get the solution for this?
I am having the same problem.
If you got the solution, please answer.

ujjwala909@hotmail.com

Re: creating filter valves

Posted by Chuck Griffith <ch...@winternet.com>.
oops. retract that. the config lines cited below were actually
commented out when trying to resolve another problem. I don't know if
the ReferrerValve class will work yet but at least the server
complains if it can't find it.

Took a little work to figure out where to put it and how to get it
there but now there is only testing to do!

thanx!

At 11:11 AM -0500 6/9/02, Chuck Griffith wrote:
>Goal: to keep items in a directory from being accessed without going
>thru the web site
>
>Method: create a filter valve that checks that the referrer is from
>the same url (not hack proof, but good enough)
>
>Problem: when I specify my filter valve, it looks like it is being
>ignored completely; no error if the filter class isn't there and the
>filter doesn't do anything.
>
>Question: can one create one's own subclass of FilterRequestValve?
>           is there a better method?
>
>Config:
>          <Context path="/wt/images" docBase="wt/images">
>          <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>              prefix="localhost_wt_log." suffix=".txt"
>              timestamp="true"/>
>          <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RefererValve"
>              allow="http://www.wt.net/"/>
>          </Context>
>

>thanx!
>
>--

Chuck Griffith                                   /  \_  ^^
chuckg@winternet.com                            /   / \     ___
http://www.winternet.com/~chuckg               /v^v^v^v\  _/   \  ^^
ftp://ftp.winternet.com/users/chuckg/incoming /         \/ \    \
http://www.nargs.org                         /          /   \    \

creating filter valves