Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Pushkar Deole <pd...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/12 12:25:47 UTC

does kafka provide REST API for producing events to topic?

Hi All,

I am trying to load test our application that is a consumer of a kafka
topic.
I want to load test the application wherein my test tool (jmeter script) is
making a connection to kafka broker and then producing events onto topic
through producer API. This requires that the test client has connectivity
to the kafka broker through some VNET peering in cloud.

However I would like to know if kafka also provides any REST API which can
be accessed by the test client (rather than making a TCP connection to
broker) and then invoking those REST API to produce events onto topics?

Re: does kafka provide REST API for producing events to topic?

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
The Confluent REST Proxy provides a REST API for producing simple messages
to the broker

Confluent REST Proxy API Reference | Confluent Documentation
<https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/kafka-rest/api.html>

Posted by Steven Miller <st...@idrathernotsay.com>.

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pushkar,