Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Hutchinson <an...@extensible.co.uk> on 2004/09/30 12:27:50 UTC

MemoryRealm in a Context

Setup is Tomcat 5.0.28, J2SE 1.4.2, Redhat 9.

I've been using a MemoryRealm in a Host container and everything works
fine. It is ideal for a computer to computer link over HTTPS to
authenticate access.

I've now decided that I want a different setup on a per Context basis. The
docs for the realm component say that a Realm can be inside a Context
container so I moved the Realm section from the Host to the Context and
restarted Tomcat.

Now when I try and authenticate the debug log shows that the realm is being
treated as a JAAS realm and consequently fails.

Is there something clever going on here that I'm not aware of or do I need
to made further config changes?

Cheers,

Andy.