Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "motty.cruz" <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 22:35:42 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2.2 + ssl

Hello,

I have apache 2.2 running on FreeBSD. Apache is working fine but when I go

Machinename.domain.com defaults to http://machine.domain.com/ instead of
https://machine.domain.com/

I have look around, I don't see to get a solid answer to get apache to
rederect users to https not http

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

-Motty

RE: [users@httpd] apache2.2 + ssl (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by "Victor, Dwight P CTR DISA PAC" <dw...@disa.mil>.
Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Use mod_rewrite, see apache documentation for details (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html).  Here's how to use mod_rewrite to redirect http to https: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#relative.

Ensure that you have apache listening on ssl port (443 by default) in your config -- do a netstat to confirm.

---
Dwight Victor (Contractor), CISSP, RHCT, SCSECA
DISA-PAC EMSS Gateway Hawaii
EMAIL: dwight.victor.ctr@disa.mil

Re: [users@httpd] apache2.2 + ssl

Posted by Jason Nunnelley <ja...@jasonn.com>.
mod_redirect if it's something you want to force.

--

Jason A. Nunnelley
+1 2562971652

http://www.google.com/profiles/imjasonn