Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by mfriedenhagen <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/05/29 21:43:20 UTC

maven-surefire pull request: SUREFIRE-999: Skip phase `validate` during sit...

GitHub user mfriedenhagen opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/23

    SUREFIRE-999: Skip phase `validate` during site-generation for `report-only` resp. `failsafe-report-only`

    * We have a lot of projects in our CI system (Jenkins) where we run `mvn clean deploy site-deploy`.
    * Because of this, we do not repeat test execution again during phase `site` by defining the `reportSet` to include `report-only`.
    * However, `report-only` does invoke the phase validate again which will execute some lengthy enforcer checks.

    $ git pull https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/maven-surefire master

    https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/23.patch

----
commit 4b23fef945acac31659232a4c6b367000e9a7079
Author: Mirko Friedenhagen <mi...@1und1.de>
Date:   2013-05-23T11:35:33Z

    Do not enforce a new lifecycle in ReportOnly Mojos to speed up site build.

commit d7e022181631af43369611c86f7430159933df15
Author: Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>
Date:   2013-05-27T20:20:15Z

    Let SurefireReportOnlyMojo be a child of AbstractSurefireReportMojo to avoid execution of phase validate.

----