Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2015/05/07 10:08:17 UTC

[Wiki] [4.1.0] Feedback for Architecture Page in Wiki

Hi,

Please find $subject.

1. For the layered architecture diagram:
Since we have Composite Application support now, need to modify the diagram
to show this capability; IMHO we need to add another layer on top of
Cartridges section showing a couple of Applications.

To describe Identity Service, Logging Service and Metering Service, add the
below descriptions:

Identity Service: Stratos provides an inbuilt mechanism to handle
identities, roles and permissions of users.
Logging Service: Stratos provides an optional logging service via which you
could monitor all relevant logs of the instances via a central location.
Monitoring/Metering Service: Stratos has the capability support system
monitoring by publishing useful information to a remote monitoring/metering
server.

2. For the paragraph on autoscaler, add the following to the end:
"Also, the Applications Topology, which models currently deployed composite
applications and their status information, is maintained at the autoscaler
to minimize the complexity of event flows"

3. Change the first part of the paragraph on ADC to the following:
Artifacts are the parts of an application, *which get deployed to the
relevant instances* ...

4. Add the following point to the Benefits list:
"Ability to develop, deploy and manage a complete solution which comprises
of multiple services and their inter-dependencies, with the support for
Composite Applications."

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: [Wiki] [4.1.0] Feedback for Architecture Page in Wiki

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Isuru,

I updated [1] based on the changes that you proposed. I will replace the
diagram as soon as I get the new one. Thanks again!

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Architecture

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
*Mariangela Hills*
PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
Senior Technical Writer
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185