Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vinod hv <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/10 18:54:49 UTC

Which data structure (whether FIFO queue or Input stream) is used by Tomcat server

Hello everyone..

What i mean in the above question is that, when we send a HTTP request to
the apache tomcat server in which data structure does it get stored for
further action(like processing it and serving the request)

I am designing a testing <http://www.javaranch.com/unit-testing.jsp> tool to
check the performance of a server . So am simulating huge number of HTTP
requests by creating threads and sending HTTP requests.....So WHERE DOES
APACHE TOMCAT server store these request for processing.

*Some one said there will be FIFO queue to store the requests*
But i am not sure about it.

I want to change this implementation according to one IEEE paper. I have
downloaded the source code of apache tomcat server and want to know where in
the source code i  can change this implementation (in which file???)  . ..
.. I want to implement RED(Random Early Detection)queue instead of FIFO
queue ... And check the performance of the apache web server.

PLese please help me

Regards

Vinod Kumar H V

Re: Which data structure (whether FIFO queue or Input stream) is used by Tomcat server

Posted by Tim Whittington <ti...@apache.org>.
Start at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.createExecutor()
and follow your nose from there.
If you make any progress and want to discuss implementation details,
then the dev list is the best place to discuss those.

cheers
tim

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.