Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Doug Kramer <Do...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/09/23 01:35:15 UTC

MIF Doclet: Book file proposal (Refined Sept 21)

I work at Sun where we are creating the MIF Doclet
to facilitate publishing API books in FrameMaker and PDF.
We are looking for some outside review on the design of the
book file, which is currently being designed in XML.
The book file eliminates dozens of command line options,
turning them into element and filename lists.

The Book File Specification and Book File XML Format are published at
this location:

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/javadoc/mifdoclet/#development

Please send comments directly to me.

NOTE: The RealTime Java book was 99% generated by a MIF
doclet from text in .java and .html files in the source tree.
James Gosling hacked away at the MIF doclet to give it
more book functionality.  It is available here:

  http://javaweb.eng/~dkramer/mifdoclet/gosling/rtj.pdf

-Doug