Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2021/11/11 23:13:37 UTC

Re: [NOTICE] - Moving and Upgrading of Buildbot Jobs

Hi All,

On 8/15/21 4:44 AM, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> This NOTICE goes out via BCC to all affected projects and to the
> main builds@apache.org mailing list.
> Please have replies CC the builds list.
>
> https://ci.apache.org is currently on version 0.8 and is to be turned off
> soon.
> https://ci2.apache.org is version 3.2 and is the direct replacement.
>
> If you project has Buildbot jobs they are listed here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Buildbot+0.8+-%3E+3.2+Migration
>
> Infra will perform the migration for you over the next 2 weeks. Starting
> Monday.
>
> Your $project.conf code will be updated to be compatible with Buildbot 3.2
> (from 0.8)
>
> Unless you state otherwise - your config will be moved to a new SVN [1] or
> GIT [2] area
> depending on whether you primarily use SVN or GIT.
>
> [1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot2
> [2] - https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-bb2
>
> An INFRA ticket will be created for each project migration and your dev
> list will be kept in the loop.
>
> For those of you with nightly builds that use ci.apache.org/projects/* -
> please note that this service is deprecated and will NOT be available going
> forward. Instead, your jobs should be changed to upload to
> https://nightlies.apache.org/$project/* instead. Please request if you want
> your existing content migrated over otherwise we will not do so.
>
> After migration: Once everybody is off of the old Buildbot 0.8 - we will
> change ci.apache.org to point to the new 3.2 instance. We will also put in
> a redirect for ci.apache.org/projects/$project/* to point to your new
> location at nightlies.apache.org/$project/*
>
> Please let us know if you have any questions. Either Drew Foulks or myself
> will perform your migration.
>
> Kind Regards.

Looks like I missed this.

As anyone looked into getting our builds migrated yet?

Thanks,
Carl

Re: [NOTICE] - Moving and Upgrading of Buildbot Jobs

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,

On 11/13/21 10:48 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Am 13.11.21 um 16:39 schrieb Carl Marcum:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> On 11/11/21 6:23 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I don't think so.
>>>
>>> The Linux buildbots hang for 60 days.
>>>
>>> Our Windows buildbot has problems for the last days.
>>> I understand that we have a Windows 11 buildbot somewhere now, but we
>>> will have to see if our old environment works on Windows 11.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>      Matthias

>> I'll contact infra and see what we need to do to get our builds
>> running again.
> The Windows bot seems to have lost connection to the upload location,
> builds run fine until the logs get uploaded.
>> I've also found I cant get the last nightly from September to run on
>> CentoOS 7.
>> I'll discuss that in another thread.
>>
>> It may have an impact on what we can build with.
> Remember that the buildbots use Ubuntu. We do not get other machines
> from Infra, but we do not build releases on it.

And that seems to be a problem because the last nightly 4.5.0 from
September won't start for me on CentOS 7 which should be a supported
platform.
Runs fine on Ubuntu 18.04.

It's hard to use them for testing if they don't run :(

Best regards,
Carl

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl,