Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by David Cantrell <da...@cantrell.org.uk> on 2004/04/14 10:46:19 UTC

Rules to match ASes

I already block mail from a rather large number of IPs before mail even
reaches spamassassin, but have recently been thinking about blocking
ASes instead of IPs.  That way, when $spamming_scum gets a new netblock
they're automagically blocked without me having to add it to a long
list.

I thought it might be useful for spamassassin to be able to do this too.
A quick look through the archives and the current sources shows nothing
relevant.

I found this:
  http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/20040119143450.GF10939@ix.netcom.com.html
which gives a bit of background info on why this might be useful, and
ways of getting at the necessary data.

Thoughts?

--
David Cantrell