Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guillaume Lederrey <Ge...@ledcom.ch> on 2005/03/23 10:25:52 UTC

Defining authorization problem

  Hello !

  I have a quite simple problem, but I cannot find doc about it ... It's
actually more a general servlet quiestion than directly Tomcat related,
but ...

  I would like to protect all my servlets except 1 or 2 ... something like :

<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
<exclude>/someServlet</exclude>

  Is this possible ? What's the syntax ?

 Thanks for your help !

  Guillaume

--

Guillaume Lederrey
Informaticien Développement

Re: Defining authorization problem

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <Ge...@Sun.COM>.
Ah, seems it doesn't exist. Maybe try this:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=33&threadID=259609

-- Geertjan

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <Ge...@Sun.COM>.
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=605794&tstart=120

-- Geertjan

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <Ge...@LedCom.ch>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <Ge...@Sun.COM>.
Guillaume Lederrey wrote:

>On Wednesday 23 March 2005 10.29, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
>

>>> I would like to protect all my servlets except 1 or 2 ... something like
>>>:
>>>
>>><url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>>><exclude>/someServlet</exclude>
>>>
>>> Is this possible ? What's the syntax ?
>>>

>><exclude-pattern>/someServlet</exclude-pattern>
>>
>>-- Geertjan
>>

>  Soooo easy ! How come I couldnt find it ?
>
>  Thanks a lot !
>
>  Guillaume

No problem. I didn't know the answer either, but I thought the question
was quite interesting, and so I went to Google and typed in something
like "exclude servlet URL-pattern" and had the answer in 5 seconds.
Wonderful thing, Google.

-- Gj

Re: Defining authorization problem

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <Ge...@LedCom.ch>.