Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by 오윤정 <bh...@postech.ac.kr> on 2002/07/29 10:27:05 UTC

Re: "Error: " after normal startup

Hello!,

 I have installed Xindice on linux.
Xindice started Ok. ('db', 'HTTPServer', 'APIService' started and finally Server Running...)
However, when i use command like 'xindiceadmin shutdown...' or 'xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n ...',
I get "Error:" messages with no error details.
I've tested on Redhat 7.0 with JDK1.3.0 and JDK1.3.1
Can anyone help me?

Re: "Error: " after normal startup

Posted by 박남규 <pa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi.

You have to startup Xindice in background like this:
> start &

If Xindice don't shutdown, you can kill process written in conf/process.pid
and delete conf/process.pid. Then, you can find no process for Xindice like
this :
> ps -ef|grep xindice

When you find there is no process for Xindice, startup Xindice in background
as above.

Regards, nams