Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2000/06/25 10:32:27 UTC

C/C++ implementation of SOAP?

Hi Guys and Gals,

At some point Don Box from Developmentor had committed to contributing
a C/C++ implementation of SOAP to Apache. Is Don or anyone else from
Developmentor on this list? If so is that codebase still forthcoming?
If there's no one here, could someone else follow-up with them and
see? I think someone from Developmentor posted to the SOAP discussion
list and mentioned this issue.

If that codebase is not forthcoming I personally would like to see
a C/C++ version from this group. We've already had several people
ask and/or offer to do it, so I doubt there'll be any trouble getting
it going.

It should certainly support COM stuff when on a Win32 box (or any
platform for which COM exists) but it should work on any platform. It
should even support Java IMO so that a C/C++-based shop can still buy a
JavaBeans component and deploy it via their SOAP server. The only thing
in Java in that case would be the actual implementation of the service.

Thoughts?

Sanjiva.