Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Samuel Brown <sb...@transunion.com> on 2007/08/01 20:10:51 UTC

Re: http/https issue in WSDL SOAP address

A correction. The protocol reported in the WSDL remains "http" until the
first SSL request for the WSDL, at which time the reported protocol
becomes and remains "https" for all subsequent requests.

So the question becomes this: should the protocol reported in the WSDL
be the same protocol used to retrieve it?

Sam Brown

>>> Brown, Samuel  07/31/07 10:31 AM >>>
It appears that the protocol used to retrieve my service WSDL the
first
time is the protocol reported in the SOAP address for all subsequent
calls, regardless of protocol.

Here's a scenario:
   1) A secure WSDL request is made
("https://server:8443/services/MyService?wsdl").
   2) The resulting WSDL reports a SOAP address of
"https://server:8443/services/MyService."
   3) A non-secure WSDL request is made
("http://server:8080/services/MyService?wsdl").
   4) The resulting WSDL still reports a secure SOAP address
("https://server:8443/services/MyService") instead of
"http://server:8080/services/MyService"--which is what I expected to
see.

Is this behavior a bug or is it by design?

I've deployed axis2 (v1.2) in Tomcat 5.5.23 (Java 1.6.0_01). Below is
the services.xml I am using:

<!-- This file was auto-generated from WSDL -->
<!-- by the Apache Axis2 version: #axisVersion# #today# -->
<serviceGroup>
<service name="Service1">
<messageReceivers>
<messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out"
class="org.tempuri.mismofloodsvc.service1.Service1MessageReceiverInOut"/>
</messageReceivers>
<parameter locked="false"
name="ServiceClass">org.tempuri.mismofloodsvc.service1.Service1Skeleton</parameter>
<parameter locked="false" name="useOriginalwsdl">true</parameter>
<parameter locked="false"
name="modifyUserWSDLPortAddress">true</parameter>
<operation name="SubmitNewOrder"
mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out">
<actionMapping>http://tempuri.org/MismoFloodSvc/Service1/SubmitNewOrder</actionMapping>
<outputActionMapping>http://tempuri.org/MismoFloodSvc/Service1/Service1Soap/SubmitNewOrderResponse</outputActionMapping>