Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by "Sahoglu, Ozgur" <Oz...@intuit.com> on 2008/05/04 21:29:41 UTC

RE: error: LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe c:\Documents and Settings\Lokesh Madan\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\testxml\Debug\xerces-depdom_2_8D.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002

Hi Lokesh,

It looks like you are having a deployment issue with your Xerces-C++
library binaries. You need to do some digging to find out the root cause
of the problem. The error message says the manifest is missing, but it
can also mean the meanifest is OK but a component that it points to is
missing. Best way to find out missing components is to go to Event
Viewer under Admin Tools and look for SideBySide errors under System.
That will tell you exactly what's missing.

It is recommended that all DLLs have a manifest embedded inside the
binary. External manifests are ignored when a DLL is loaded though a
LoadLibrary call. Open your XercesLib project and go to the Project's
Properties. Make sure Configuration Properties->Linker->Manifest
File->Generate Manifest is "Yes". Then go to Configuration
Properties->Manifest Tool->Input and Output ->Embed Manifest and choose
"Yes" and rebuild the project. I hope that helps.

Cheers,

-Ozgur Sahoglu

Posted by Lokesh Madan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ozgur, i resolved my problem, the problem was with the binaries. I
made the dlls and libs again from the source with some changes and
everything worked.

Lokesh Madan