Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/09/19 06:33:39 UTC

[shared-ldap] Shouldn't LDIF Entry class have a list of controls?

Hi,

I was just looking at the LDIF Entry class here in SVN within shared-ldap:

    http://uubee.notlong.com/

It has a member 'control' of type javax.naming.directory.ldap.Control in
it.  I was wondering if this should
not in fact be an array of Control objects since multiple request controls
can be issued per request.  Is
this a bug or am I missing something?

Alex

Re: [shared-ldap] Shouldn't LDIF Entry class have a list of controls?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Well, you are right.

But it won't harm, as you have no way to declare a control in a LDIF file :)

However, I think we should clean this class, because it may be used
somewhere else (I'm not sure that we have the very same class in the
DSML codec ...)

On 9/19/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just looking at the LDIF Entry class here in SVN within shared-ldap:
>
>     http://uubee.notlong.com/
>
> It has a member 'control' of type
> javax.naming.directory.ldap.Control in it.  I was wondering
> if this should
> not in fact be an array of Control objects since multiple request controls
> can be issued per request.  Is
> this a bug or am I missing something?
>
> Alex

Cordialement,