Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael McCutcheon <mi...@att.net> on 2011/02/27 07:43:20 UTC

request.getParameter() not working in Tomcat 7.0.8

I've got a simple problem where:

request.getQueryString() returns this:

"title%3Dtesttitle%26categoryAccessLabel%3Dtestcategoryaccesslabel%26valueAccessLabel%3DtestvalueAccessLabel"

but request.getParameter("title") returns null.

Am I missing something obvious?

Shouldn't it be returning 'testtitle'?

thanks,
Mike

Re: request.getParameter() not working in Tomcat 7.0.8

Posted by Michael McCutcheon <mi...@att.net>.
On 2/26/2011 10:43 PM, Michael McCutcheon wrote:
> I've got a simple problem where:
>
> request.getQueryString() returns this:
>
> "title%3Dtesttitle%26categoryAccessLabel%3Dtestcategoryaccesslabel%26valueAccessLabel%3DtestvalueAccessLabel"
>

> but request.getParameter("title") returns null.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Shouldn't it be returning 'testtitle'?
>
> thanks,
> Mike

Sorry...I did not mean to do a reply message.

Re: request.getParameter() not working in Tomcat 7.0.8

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/2/27 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> On 27/02/2011 16:14, André Warnier wrote:
>> markt@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>> What you are missing is that query parameters and values are parsed
>>> before %nn decoding so the names and values can contain reserved
>>> characters.
>>>
>> Mark,
>> are you sure ?

Sure. Otherwise how are you going to pass "=" in a value?

That is about parameters and the query string. The %nn sequences in
path are decoded elsewhere (in a different step).

> I may be talking nonsense - it was early when I typed that. Lets
> continue this in the non-hijacked thread.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: request.getParameter() not working in Tomcat 7.0.8

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 27/02/2011 16:14, André Warnier wrote:
> markt@apache.org wrote:
>

>> What you are missing is that query parameters and values are parsed
>> before %nn decoding so the names and values can contain reserved
>> characters.
>>
> Mark,
> are you sure ?

I may be talking nonsense - it was early when I typed that. Lets
continue this in the non-hijacked thread.

Mark

Re: request.getParameter() not working in Tomcat 7.0.8

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by ma...@apache.org.