Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2008/06/09 15:31:29 UTC

Bundling a custom repository

Hi all;

I'd like to use Sling with a custom repository - that's a Jackrabbit
1.5 with some additions, like a LoginModule and some other stuff.

I'd like to avoid using RMI or JNDI to connect to the repository, but
instead replace the Jackrabbit bundles that come with Sling, for
efficiency.
There are a few JCR-related bundles in the default Sling installation:
Jackrabbit API bundle, Jackrabbit Embedded Repository, JCR Base
Bundle, Repository API bundle, Jackrabbit JCR commons and possibly
others that I don't know about.

Which bundle(s) do I need to replace? Or would this approach be too complicated?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: Bundling a custom repository

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
2008/6/9 Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Vidar,
>
> Am Montag, den 09.06.2008, 15:31 +0200 schrieb Vidar Ramdal:
>> Hi all;
>>
>> I'd like to use Sling with a custom repository - that's a Jackrabbit
>> 1.5 with some additions, like a LoginModule and some other stuff.
>>
>> I'd like to avoid using RMI or JNDI to connect to the repository, but
>> instead replace the Jackrabbit bundles that come with Sling, for
>> efficiency.
>> There are a few JCR-related bundles in the default Sling installation:
>> Jackrabbit API bundle, Jackrabbit Embedded Repository, JCR Base
>> Bundle, Repository API bundle, Jackrabbit JCR commons and possibly
>> others that I don't know about.
>>
>> Which bundle(s) do I need to replace? Or would this approach be too complicated?
>
> There's just a single bundle to be replaced: "Jackrabbit Embedded
> Repository".
>
> For simplicity I would say, that you actually take the existing
> jcr/jackrabbit-server project and fix the jackrabbit references to be
> 1.5-SNAPSHOT instead of 1.4.x. You may then add your additional code
> just to that bundle.

Great, I will give it a try!

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vidar,

Am Montag, den 09.06.2008, 15:31 +0200 schrieb Vidar Ramdal:
> Hi all;
>
> I'd like to use Sling with a custom repository - that's a Jackrabbit
> 1.5 with some additions, like a LoginModule and some other stuff.
>
> I'd like to avoid using RMI or JNDI to connect to the repository, but
> instead replace the Jackrabbit bundles that come with Sling, for
> efficiency.
> There are a few JCR-related bundles in the default Sling installation:
> Jackrabbit API bundle, Jackrabbit Embedded Repository, JCR Base
> Bundle, Repository API bundle, Jackrabbit JCR commons and possibly
> others that I don't know about.
>
> Which bundle(s) do I need to replace? Or would this approach be too complicated?

There's just a single bundle to be replaced: "Jackrabbit Embedded
Repository".

For simplicity I would say, that you actually take the existing
jcr/jackrabbit-server project and fix the jackrabbit references to be
1.5-SNAPSHOT instead of 1.4.x. You may then add your additional code
just to that bundle.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix