Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ke...@ao.uscourts.gov on 2001/11/07 21:58:22 UTC

can not load mod_webapp on Solaris7 x86

Hi,

Has anyone had success loading mod_webapp.so on Solaris 7 x86.  I believe
that I have successfully
built mod_webapp.so and I copied it to apache/libexec for apache 1.3.22. I
used
gcc version 2.8.1

I tried the following
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
apachectl configtest

which results:

Syntax error on line 209 of /home/odom/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/odom/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server:
ld.so
.1: /home/odom/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/home/o
dom/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: symbol __divdi3: referenced
symbol n
ot found

I am not sure which direction to proceed from here.  Would a newer version
of gcc solve this problem?  I have read that people have successfully
loaded this module on Solaris 8 intel, but what about Solaris 7?

Kerry

Re: can not load mod_webapp on Solaris7 x86

Posted by Steve Brunton <br...@dweeb.turner.com>.
Kerry_Boguszewski@ao.uscourts.gov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had success loading mod_webapp.so on Solaris 7 x86.  I believe
> that I have successfully
> built mod_webapp.so and I copied it to apache/libexec for apache 1.3.22. I
> used
> gcc version 2.8.1
>
> I tried the following
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
> apachectl configtest
>
> which results:
>
> Syntax error on line 209 of /home/odom/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /home/odom/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server:
> ld.so
> .1: /home/odom/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /home/o
> dom/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: symbol __divdi3: referenced
> symbol n
> ot found

  using gcc 2.95.3 on Solaris 8 x86 I had the same problem. There didn't
seem to be a libgcc.so installed anywhere with the package install of
GCC. I eneded up pulling libgcc.a apart and then putting it back
together in a .so and dropping it in /usr/lib and it worked after that.

   -Steve

Re: can not load mod_webapp on Solaris7 x86

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Kerry_Boguszewski@ao.uscourts.gov at Kerry_Boguszewski@ao.uscourts.gov
wrote:

> I am not sure which direction to proceed from here.  Would a newer version
> of gcc solve this problem?  I have read that people have successfully
> loaded this module on Solaris 8 intel, but what about Solaris 7?

Upgrade it? :) :) :) Try with a newer GCC...

    Pier