Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Alex Blewitt <Al...@ioshq.com> on 2003/08/08 14:58:02 UTC

Suggested notation for discussions

I'd recommend that when discussing technology XXX that we put [XXX] in
the subject, so that we can filter the discussions appropriately.

For example:

[JNDI] Blah blah blah
[EJB] Blah blah blah
[JMS] Blah blah blah

or even

[EJB-BMP] Blah blah blah
[EJB-CMP] Blah blah blah

That way, it'll be easier to read what the messages are associated
with, and makes for processing the mail archives (e.g. list all 'JMS'

Alex.

[META] Blah blah blah ( was Re: Suggested notation for discussions)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
Good idea.  But can we use real subject?

:D

geir

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 08:58 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:

> I'd recommend that when discussing technology XXX that we put [XXX] in
> the subject, so that we can filter the discussions appropriately.
>
> For example:
>
> [JNDI] Blah blah blah
> [EJB] Blah blah blah
> [JMS] Blah blah blah
>
> or even
>
> [EJB-BMP] Blah blah blah
> [EJB-CMP] Blah blah blah
>
> That way, it'll be easier to read what the messages are associated
> with, and makes for processing the mail archives (e.g. list all 'JMS'
>
> Alex.

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)

Re: Suggested notation for discussions

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Apologies for suggesting the same idea as Alex. Hadn't got to this point
in the list of mails, so make that 2 +1's for this idea :)

Hen