Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/29 11:06:39 UTC

Problem using iPOJO with bndtools

Hi all;

I'm trying out iPOJO (1.10.1 candidate release) under the latest Eclipse
BndTools (latest dev version); but when building my example iPOJO project,
I'm getting this NoClassDef exception:

   Problem loading the plugin: org.apache.felix.ipojo.bnd.PojoizationPlugin
   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: aQute.lib.osgi.Resource not found.

I'm using the following bnd configuration:

Private-Package: org.example
-buildpath: osgi.core,\
        osgi.cmpn,\

${build}/plugins/org.apache.felix.ipojo.annotations-1.10.1.jar;version=file
-plugin:
org.apache.felix.ipojo.bnd.PojoizationPlugin;path:="${build}/plugins/bnd-ipojo-plugin-1.10.1.jar,${build}/plugins/org.apache.felix.ipojo.manipulator-1.10.1.jar"

(not sure if I have to add the manipulator in the plugin path, I guess yes).

So with this configuraiton, I have a NoClassDef aQute.lib.osgi.Resource
class.
As far as I remember the class aQute.lib.osgi.Resource was part of the old
bndlib. But with latest bndlib (2.1.0), the Resource class has moved to
aQute.bnd.osgi.Resource.

Now, looking at the pom.xml of the iPOJO bnd plugin; there is a dependency
on bndlib 1.43.0, and this is probably the root cause of my problem ?
Shouldn't we update and adapt the iPOJO bnd plugin to the latest version of
bndlib 2.1.0  in order to support latest bndtools (which is using bndlib
2.1.0) ?

Another question: if the manipulator is required by the plugin, then does
it make sense to include it in the bnd ipojo artifact, in order to avoid
specifying the manipulator in the plugin path configuration ?

thanks and kind regards;
/Pierre