Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/11 17:02:31 UTC

SSL/SOAP: Error opening socket - only in 95/98...

HI, my set up is as follows:

Apache 1.3.22 with mod_ssl 2.61 OPENSSL 0.9.5
Tomcat 3.3
SOAP 2.2
JSSE 1.0.2

I have a SOAP client that works perfectly with and without SSL when running
the client from Windows 2000 or XP.  However when I try to test the client
from 95/98 with SSL I get the following error:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening
socket:null]

I don't know if the problem is with SSL, when I run my client with the
following option -Djavax.net.debug=SSL , I don't get any additional
information... But none the less it works if I don't use SSL...

Thanks

Jeremy