Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Madan Narra <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/23 17:17:24 UTC

[ Tobago ] Help Regarding custom message for Conversion Errors

Hi All,

I have a Sheet which has a column with <tc:in/>.

It should accept only numerics and nothing other then that. I placed
<tc:messages> on top of the sheet to see if there are any errors.

If at all i submit my page with alphabets entered in  <tc:in/> , i get
" Conversion Error " .

But i need to display a custom message like " Only Numerics Allowed ".

Tried to place

*javax.faces.component.UIInput.CONVERSION = *
javax.faces.component.UIInput.CONVERSION_detail = Only Numerics allowed in
Qty Field
*
in a resource bundle and specified as such in faces-config.xml

*"<message-bundle>CustomJSFErrorMessages</message-bundle>"*
**

But this message is not being reflected when submitted with non numerics
characters...

Is this the way to do or missed anything...

Thnx in advance

Madan N