Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie> on 2003/09/22 20:57:30 UTC

can I run an app. from a *compressed* .war file with unpackWARs="false" ?

hello,

Just a quickie.

Is there any problem with serving from a compressed .war file?  I have been having problems which I cannot explain and have just realised that since using ANT I have been inadvertently compressing my .war file.  I cannot find anything to say that this is a problem but have come across errors in the core dump with came from the use of "zip" classes.

Anyway, anybody any similar experiences?

Tomcat 4.0.4
Java 1.3.1

Andoni.

Re: Is struts.jar mandatory for tomcat 4.1.24 ?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
By the way, having done many tomcat installs, I have never had this
problem, so I assume that you or one of your colleagues must have
changed the admin app files. There is a struts.jar in the admin
directories.

If you still have problems, just do a fresh install of tomcat from the
zip / tar.

Adam

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.