Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk> on 2009/09/15 23:35:05 UTC

securing axis2

Is there any documentation on how to secure an axis2 installation.

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: securing axis2

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Chris Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>wrote:

> Is there any documentation on how to secure an axis2 installation.

do you mean the files in the installation folder (eg. axis2.xml) or requests
coming to server.

for former case AFAIK the only solution is to protect the folder using some
OS level security. For later
as Srinath has said either we can use https or ws-security.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: securing axis2

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
You have two choices , https,
(http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_5/http-transport.html#httpsupport) and
Message level security (WS-Secuirty see Rampart) .

http://ws.apache.org/rampart/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jws4/

--Srinath

--