Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2016/10/23 20:33:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1766314 [1/2] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/howto: auth.html.es auth.xml auth.xml.es

* lgilbernabe@apache.org wrote:

> Author: lgilbernabe
> Date: Sun Oct 23 20:02:59 2016
> New Revision: 1766314

> Log:
> adding to repo to continue elsewhere using Git.

Uhm... The log message is clearly not describing the changes you made.

> Propchange: httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/howto/auth.html.es
>             ('svn:eol-style' removed)

Please leave those in (I skipped the complete-file diff resulting by this
change).

A more general note: It's not wise to mix English and translated file
changes (like in this commit). It's semantically ... questionable, and the
translation checker will need another commit anyway ;-)

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: svn commit: r1766314 [1/2] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/howto: auth.html.es auth.xml auth.xml.es

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Luis Gil de Bernabé wrote:

> ​My bad, i was adding it to the repo so i don´t get lost if i continue the
> translation on other PC location.
> I will commit it as i finish it.
> ​
>
> > Propchange: httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/howto/auth.html.es
> >             ('svn:eol-style' removed)
>
> I have the ASF properties file in the config,  (
> www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt) but sometimes it gives me an error
> about the end of line :(
> any hint? (maybe its windows,,,,, )

The property config is not the problem here, as the property was already set
and it applies to newly added files only anyway.

To fix the errors about inconsistent EOLs, you need to fix the EOLs ;-)

I gather from your comments, you're using a git-svn bridge? Maybe that's the
issue (I don't know). The whole point of the eol-style property is to
actually help editors across system to not deal with the EOL at all. Maybe
it's also your editor? It should use native EOLs, meaning, if you're on
windows, CRLF.

I've got those errors, too, while fixing the files. I've just fixed the EOLs.
In HTML files those errors usually happen if they are edited manually (which
you should not do...).

nd
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"

Posted by Luis Gil de Bernabé <lj...@googlemail.com>.
​My bad, i was adding it to the repo so i don´t get lost if i continue the
translation on other PC location.
I will commit it as i finish it.
​
> Propchange: httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/howto/auth.html.es
>             ('svn:eol-style' removed)

I have the ASF properties file in the config,  (
www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt) but sometimes it gives me an error
about the end of line :(
any hint? (maybe its windows,,,,, )

Regards.