Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Andrew Ballantine <ac...@willowbrook.co.uk> on 2006/12/13 15:47:04 UTC

Anyone integrated handheld terminals into ofbiz

Hi,

We have an opportunity to put ofbiz into a warehouse and I was wondering if
anyone has done any work on integrating handheld wireless dos terminals into
the system so that picker and stackers can input data as they work.

The particular terminal that I have in mind is a Symbol PDT 6146. The reason
for choosing this model is that I can get them at reasonable prices in used
condition. It is basically a DOS terminal with a laser barcode reader and a
11g wireless and a serial port. It can also communicate via the base station
for batch transfer, but the warehouse manage has had trouble with batch
systems in the past, because the operators did not return the handhelds to
their base stations often enough so the database got out of sync with the
warehouse.

Any thoughts?
Kind regards,

Andrew

23:17

RE: Anyone integrated handheld terminals into ofbiz

Posted by Andrew Ballantine <ac...@willowbrook.co.uk>.
Hi,

The alternative might be to load a version of Linux onto the handheld since
it is an 8080 processor. Does this make sense?

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.